roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Bare Trees

Last weekend while in Nashvegas we were driving to church and Nicole said something really profound. This will be a paraphrase. Now that the trees are bare, we are able to see things we have never seen before. I LOVE THAT!!! That thought goes perfectly with the song by Nicole Nordeman "Seasons" ( I think that is the title) Anyway, during fall the trees surrender and forfeit their leaves. But they have to do this so new leaves can grow. Much like us...when we surrender the little things that we hold onto so tightly, we make room for the Lord to add new things to our life. And during surrender there is a sense of freedom...we are able to see things clearer. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. But surrender is so stinkin' hard. There are things that I am clinging to like it is my job. And it is not like I have not tasted the sweet freedom of surrender. And though I know that the Lord is ready to bless...I still hold onto the old. But when I do finally let go...because I will........I will stand (or maybe fall before Him) ready to receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home