roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Manifest

So I really love words. There are some words that are just plain fun to say, i.e. plethura, facetious, etc. And then there are some words that just seem to resonate, i.e, extravagant, intimate, eloquent, etc. Those that know me well know that I love to use one word descriptions for things such as sunsets, personalities, and people. I have been in the habit of ascribing a one word description to certain seasons of my life. My time in central Asia was "wilderness". The period I was in Idaho was "disciple". For this most recent season I have racked my brain trying to find a word that best fits June - December. A couple of weeks ago at church a guest choir sang a song titled, "Manifest." O my goodness is was great. I instantly fell in the love with the word and I knew that I needed to paint a picture with bold, fall colors with the word "manifest" written in the middle. So I did. If I do say so myself it is a beatiful display of gold, red, and orange with a touch of brown. So I deceided to reread the definition of the word. Manifest - clearly appparent; obvoius. Manifestation - the act or state of being manifest. And then it hit me. Isn't that what this entire journey is? A manifestation of the who the Lord already knows that I am. A manifestation of who He always is. With each step He reveals something new about Himself...new to me. As I embrace and believe those truths I am transformed. When He looks at me, He sees me as redeemed. As I stared at the blank canvas before I applied the paint, I saw before me a world of possiblities. The canvas was clean and new. When my Father looks at me I am clean and new. Now if I could learn to daily abide, dwell, and reside in that truth. Manifest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home