roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Song Sustainer

Well after a couple of days of processing I can now share a little about the Passion Conference. There is nothing like being in a large arena with 18,000 people lifting up the name of Jesus. I think what blesses my heart is the fact that when we lift up the name of Jesus He promieses to draw all men to Himself. My heart gets excited as I think about the people who had face to face encounters with the Living Savior. Rich!!!! On the first night I was standing at the very top of the areana looking out and singing "Your Grace is Enough" with Chris Tomlin. And it hit me...I have been singing this song since August. But...it has been just me and Chris (he was inside of my ear as I was listening to my ipod.) And now I was surrounded by 17,999 other people and it felt really good. The Lord has not only sustained me during this transitional, wilderness-like season, but He has also sustained my song. For that He is praised. I think the highlight of my week came when I was able to pray with 3 girls, all believers but dealing with such deep hurts. At a moment during the week where I felt a little insignificant, God allowed me to share and encourage someone else. He showed me that I may be insignificant in my little bitty story...but in His story though my role is small...He adores me and has a purpose for me. I would rather be a small character in His story than a large character in my little story. There is nothing in the world like hearing the Lover of my soul whisper my name!!! I am not...but I know I AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home