roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Waiting for Michelle Kwan

Ok..I am a HUGE ice skating fan. I have been since I was a little girl. I am not good at ice skating, but I love to watch it. Michelle Kwan is probably my favorite female skater. I have pretty much followed her professional career. Last night she was not able to compete in the National Championships ( which determine who will represent America in the Olympics in Feb.) so she had to petition in order to be considered as a member of the Olympic Team. At 11:00pm there was supposed to be a live broadcast which would let us know if she was going to be a part of the team. So at 11:00pm I turned on ESPN ( which I love to watch anyway) and waited. In the bottom part of the screen there was a little box stating that the live broadcast was only moments away. The announcer kept saying that the broadcast with the results...was only moments away. So I waited. 10min passed, 15 min passed and before I knew it 45 min. had passed and I still did not know if she was going to actually be on the team. I think all America ( or maybe I was the only person who really stayed awake to wait) knew that the ruling was going to be in her favor...but I just wanted to actually hear them say it. I was getting sleepy and tired...but I needed to know. While I waited I was updated on what was going on in the NFL. I am now a huge fan of the not only the Denver Broncos but also New England Patriots. I learned that Lebron James committed to being a part of the Olympic team for 2008. A coach for a NHL team was fired and the GM took his position. I learned a lot while I was waiting. I wanted to go to bed but they kept saying that the announcement was only moments away. And I believed them. ( whoever this "them" is) And finally 1 1/2 hours later the scheduled 11:00pm time to announce the results...I learned Michelle Kwan was apart of the team. I did not jump up and down. I simply went to bed. ( excited nonetheless) Since June I have heard the Lord beckoning me to my promised land. He did not say where...He really did not give me any details. But He told me to wait because soon He would reveal the next step. So June, July, August, September, October, November and December passed by. During this time I have grown tired, wanted to throw in the towel, shed some tears, and pulled the covers over my head ready to call it a day. But I couldn't because He kept telling me that "the" announcement was only moments away. I because of His faithfulness in my life...I believed Him. I believe Him. As I waited I learned that He does reign, I desperately need to be invested with people and loving on them, I have a heart for those who have all of the "knowledge" in the world yet are living in ignorance and darkness, and that whatever I do I must do it for the Glory of Jesus Christ. Well after 8 months, I heard the announcement. I am moving to Boston( after the summer) to be a part of a church plant. Like knowing that Michelle would be named to the team, I knew there was something for me to do in God's kingdom and part of me believed it was in Boston...but I needed to hear God make the announcement. So now a new journey begins...but my mind is still processing. I will share those thoughts at a later time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home