roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Where do broken hearts go?

Please do not let the title fool you. I am not going to talk about broken hearts and how men are from Venus and women are from Mars...I will save that for another day. (Just Kidding) Those that know me well know that I love to talk about relationships, marriage, and love. Though I used to get really caught up in the "romance" portrayed in most "chic flicks" the Lord has replaced that with a passion for the holy romance that only He can create between two people. I have always enjoyed Valentines Day...except one year...my freshman year of high school. I am not sure why that year was so different. I had not expereinced heart break and though I had a huge crush on Carlos Jones...pause for a moment...sweetness...ok....I was not expecting flowers to be delivered to my door or receive a kiss under the stairs near the band room. But for some reason I decided to dress in black on Valentines Day. I had gym my freshman year and I was known for singing at the top of my lungs while we changed clothes and got ready for our next class. Well on this day of dressing in black to mourn the lack of love in my life...I decided to serenade my friends with the ever popular song by Whitney Houston, "Where do broken hearts go." I am sure even sweet Paula Abdul would have taken on the personality of Simon Cowell if she was asked to judge my singing. But that was many years ago. Since then I have a new outlook on the day. The opportunites to share love on this day are endless. I am sure there are several widows who are going to experience their first Valentines Day without their spouse. If you know someone like this...cook them dinner and deliver it to them. Go to a nursing home and deliver carnations to people that normally never have a visitor. If you work with someone who is single and is having a hard time with all of this Valentine's "Stuff" surprise them with some fresh flowers. Remember the little Valentine's Cards we used to exchange in grade school? Who says you have to be a fifth grader to pass them out? Mail them to friends and family. And...take time to tell the people who mean a lot to you...that you care about them. Love is such a gift. Do not take it for granted. Sometimes it is harder to receive the love of someone then to give it away. And even if your sweet heart is a little broken and wounded...visit the Ultimate Lover and let Him heal you and lavish (such a good word...just chew on that for awhile) His perfect Holy love on you. Be creative. Have fun. Take a risk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home