roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Life

I talked to a sweet friend of mine over a month ago. I of course was going on and on before she really had a chance to speak. It was the day after I found out I was going to Boston...so I was talking a mile a minute. When I finally finished she said that she had something to tell me. I could tell by her tone it was pretty important. And then I said..."Are you pregnant?" She was!!!! I started screaming like it was my job. She had to tell me to calm down because I was driving. The excitment that I felt for her was intense. I just kept saying over and over again..."There is life inside of you!" It gave me chills and I was literally shaking. It was such a sweet moment. When my sister told me she was pregnant with her second child...my sweet nephew...I was so excited I actually went to the bathroom on myself. :) Just the thought of life being inside of someone is amazing. Later on that day ( after talking to my friend) I realized that there was also life...Life inside of me. What a gift. A precious gift. And then it also hit me...I have been entrusted with this Gift. As I think not only about Boston...but this life of Righteousness that I have been called, to I have to stop and think about what that really means. I have been entrusted with something precious and rare. And because I care about Jesus and His spirit that is alive in me...I want ( and pray to "want" to more) to see His purpose for me come to fruition. And I want the fruit to be sweet and the aroma to be pleasing. What does all of that mean? I don't know. What I do know is that the Lord is developing something inside of me. And though I have probably experienced every emotion possible...at the oddest times the Lord simply reminds me that He is near. Perhaps like a baby kicking inside of the mother's stomach. I am one of those ladies that loves to touch a pregnant belly. ( i think I just called myself a lady...) He reminds me that He has planted something deep within me...and at the right time...His time...I will see it. Whatever "it" is. And I will look at the situation and know that it was created by God...to bring Glory to Himself...and I was the vessel that He chose to use. Wow. My sweet friend will experience a lot during the next 8-9 months. A lot. In my heart I believe that in my life...as the Lord produces things that will have an eternal impact...I should not expect to go through anything less.

"He has made everything beautiful in His time. He has placed eternity in the hearts of man yet they can not fathom what God will do from beginning to end." - Ecc 3:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home