roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Lip Plumper!!

I really enjoy working for Bath and Body Works. When I applied for the job last year, I thought that my duties would consist of just holding bottles of lotion while smelling good. I was wrong. (Not about the smelling good part.) There is so much information that I have to know. People want to know what in the products, if they work well, how they compare to other products. On top of the knowledge, I sometimes have to climb ladders, shelves...all while balancing boxes of products. Today I tripped bigger than life trying to get to some candles. Bless!!! Well...we have a new product. An instant lip plumper by Dr. Wexler. (She has been on Oprah...so of course women want to buy it.) Although I am quite satisfied with my lips, I tried the plumper one day in the store. I looked like Angelina Jolie. We carry several products by Dr. Wexler. All of them are proven to reduce lines and wrinkles. Basically...making a woman look younger than she really is. A women came in the store today wanting to buy Dr. Wexler's products. She just turned 60 and she wanted to look younger. But she was beautiful. She had wrinkles around her eyes and mouth...which means she must have done a lot of laughing and smiling over the last 60yrs. I wanted to tell her that she did not need to purchase the products...that she should age gracefully. My grandmother had beautiful silver hair. I can still close my eyes and see it. My other grandmother had beautiful wrinkled hands. She worked hard all of her life and she had the wrinkles to show it. We have hair dyes, face lift-like products, age correction serums. We are telling women they should start using age-reducing products when they hit their 20's. What?!? Men feel insecure when they start to lose their hair. Why? Do we really have to get so caught up in trying to maintain an image. I can't wait til I get gray hair. I look forward to wrinkles. I do not want to look plastic or be full of articficial stuff. I know sometimes I dwell in my world of utopia...but that is ok. She really was quite beautiful. I just wish that she knew she had permission to be beautiful... just the way she is.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's tuesday and there are no cosby results...i'm sad. it was good to hear about the lip plumper though :-)
    maybe i'll try some. oh yeah...will body slash be on sale soon?? i need to stock up!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home