roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Freak Flag!!

Ok...I just saw the movie The Family Stone...LOVE IT!!! First of all I thoroughly enjoy going to the movies...especially when they hit the discount theater. And I completely relate to Sarah Jessica Parker's character. I will describe myself...and then you will have a better understanding of her character. I came to the conclusion tonight as I was driving home...that I am completely 100% a neurotic, unstable, emotional, random, sometimes flighty, no sense of direction, woman. Yeah...I really am. The preset stations on my radio include the following genres...comtemporary Christian, old school Christian, Soft Rock, R&B Classics, Country, and slighter harder than soft rock. My movie collection includes everything from Braveheart to The Wiz to Dead Poets Society. In my library I have such classic theologians as Tozer and Lewis, the great Piper, the always popular Beth Moore...and then you have Dr. Seuss and a collection of other great children's books. In my nightstand drawer you can find crayons, markers, and construction paper. In my stationary box I have stickers...I mean am I still in the 8th grade? I love the Disney Channel and ESPN. Whenever UofL basketball is on I am like a woman in labor yelling at the TV. I cry when I watch the Waltons or a Wedding Story. I get lost every other day in this city...and I was born here and should know my way around. When I have a lot on my mind...I go into "shut down" mode which freaks a lot of people out. Sometimes it freaks me out. And sometimes I get a little sad that I don't have "it" more together. That maybe if I did, cetain things would be different in my life. (interpret that as you see fit) But I came home tonight, after leaving the movies and going to Wal-Mart (which is a very therapeutic place to be after midnight) there was a letter waiting for me on my dresser from a dear, dear, dear friend. And my heart was soooo happy. Why? Because there are people who see us...me..in all of my freak of natureness...and at the end of the day they are still there. It is those people who help me fly. We all have a little freak in us ( I apologize if that word offends anyone) so let's just take off the masks and say hey...I am a little wierd. Maybe I am the only one. That is ok. Then that means that I am just extra unique. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    I think I am weirder than you. :-)

    And due to the busyness of my weekend, I might not be able to fully finish the Cosby show trivia. That makes me sad. In the voice of Vanessa Huxtable, "Can I still get a prize?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home