roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Deep, rich love!!

I think some of the most romanitc couples are those who have been married for many, many years. I love to see people in their 60s, 70s and 80s holding hands. There is an unspoken language between two people that are brought together. Beautiful. The other morning we had to take my uncle to the emergency room. I spent a lot of time with my aunt that day...just holding her hand and being near her. As I was sitting there I just kept thinking..."that is her partner...her life mate." And that just resonanted within me for quite awhile. I asked her yesterday how they met. In high school!!! He saw her and knew he wanted to marry her. And so he pursued her...got in good with her family by making them balloon animals. Precious. And now over 40 years later...that are still so connected. Even before he became sick...I always knew there was such a deep love...deep commitment between them. Marriage is such a sacred, sacred gift. I think that is why I get so passionate and excited when I talk about them. The Lord has brought me from a place of viewing "love" through the eyes of TV and movies...to realizing that it is something so much more than receiving flowers or that ooy gooey feeling.
But if Jesus says that He is the Bridegroom and we, the church are His bride...that is truly something to think about. The pursuit, romance, commitment, passion, and love is all there...but on a Holy scale. I want to know Him so intimately. When I see couples...whose relationships are grounded on the Word of God...and I see that deep, rich love they share...I know that my Savior deeply loves me. His love is amazing!!! (Even when I am being disciplined!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home