roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cosby Show Fun...Part 5

Well I have decided to do two posts today. The contest will soon be over...but I wanted to take full advantage of our remaining days. Today I may be getting together with my dear friend Jason Sampler from Seminary...so in honor of good friends...this Cosby show post will be dedicated to friends of our lovable Huxtables.

1. Vanessa had a friend that had a special skill of doing something with great speed. What was the skill and who is the friend?

2. What is Theo's friend Cockroach's( the character) real name?
Bonus...what TV show did this character appear on for several years?

3. We all know and love "Bud" deeply...what was the name of the young man that loved Rudy just as much as "Bud"?
Bonus...what other TV show was this character on as a regular?
Double Bonus...what is the current status of this character?

4. Denise had a friend that was having medical problems. Cliff performed an exam. What was her medical problem?
Bonus...what movie did this young lady star in...that later became a TV show?

5. Theo had a friend in college that shares the name of a well-known restaurant. What is the name?
Bonus...what was the stolen item that this young man gave as a gift to his girlfriend?
Double Bonus...what was his girlfriend's "hobby"?

6. What appliance did Rudy and her friend Peter use without permission?

7. Vanessa's friend wanted to break a rule by doing what in Vanessa's house?
Bonus...what was the comment Rudy made to this friend?

8. Denise had a friend that was doing a Sociology project using the Huxtable clan as her frame of reference. Who was this famous actress?
Bonus...who did she later marry?

9. Who had a crush on Denise while she was in college? (if you get this correct you are my new hero?)

10. Cliff took Rudy and her friends on two "fieldtrips". Where did he take them?

Big Bonus...
Describe the mishaps of Theo's prom.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. Vanessa's friend Kara talked majorly fast
    2. Cockraoch's real name is Walter
    Bonus: and you were able to find him in the mid-late 90s on Martin as Cole
    3. Was it Stanley? The kid Rudy picked up at the art show at the community center where Theo worked?
    Bonus: I don't know this or the Double Bonus
    4. I don't know this one
    5. This might be my all-time favorite question...I'm still laughing! Denny!
    Bonus: I don't know the bonuses...and I call myself a fan!
    6. It was a juicer...but it had another name which I can't think of
    7. Was it smoke?
    Bonus: "i don't want black lung" I really can't remember
    8. Was it Robin Givens?
    Bonus: she definitely married Mike Tyson...and remember when she was on Head of the Class? Her name was Darlene...does this count as extra information worthy of points? If not how about this...she was in a TV Movie called Penthouse with Robert Guillame (sp?)...remember Benson...love it!
    9. Dwayne Wayne had a crush on Denise during their first year at Hillman...and I think I remember having a little crush on Kadeem Hardison myself!
    10. He took them to a Vaudville show once...and they were the only people there. He also took them to a really fancy restaurant-- Cliff told them over and over not to act like heathens..especially when the bread came.
    Big Bonus: I don't remember...I remember vaguely the episode, but I couldn't tell you the mishaps.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! It must be my lucky day! Two posts in the same day! Score!

    1. Vanessa's friend Kara could talk with great speed!

    2. Cockroach's real name on the Cosby show was "Walter" and “Carl Anthony Payne” played the role. After the Cosby show Payne went on to play the role of Martin Lawrence’s friend "Cole" in the sitcom "Martin".

    3. "Stanley" loved Rudy just as much as "Bud" and in later episodes became her boyfriend while "Bud" aka "Kenny" remained just her loyal friend. He went on to become a regular on the "Steve Harvey Show" but was killed in a drive-by sometime later. I don't really remember the year.

    4. I think that Denise's friend just had like a bladder infection or something. I don't remember all that much about the exam but I do remember that she went on to play the role of “Dionne” in the movie “Clueless”.

    5. Theo's friends name was "Denny" and he gave his girlfriend a watch that he had found in the grass while walking. Come to find out the watch had been stolen and dumped in grass by the thief. I'm pretty sure that they called her acting a "hobby".

    6. The juicer :-)

    7. Vanessa's friend wanted to break a rule by smoking in the Huxtable house. I don't remember Rudy's comment...something about how “your lungs shrivel up and then you die”???

    8. That famous actress doing the project was "Robin Givens" and she later married "Mike Tyson". What was she thinking?

    9. This question is confusing b/c I can recall two people who had crushes on Denise while she was in college. On a couple of Cosby episodes that aired as "trips home from college" for Denise we found that "Cockroach" was always quite fond of her. On a more regular basis we saw that fellow Hillman student "Dwayne Wayne" played by "Kadeem Hardison" had quite the crush on Denise as well. Dwayne and Denise later went on to star in the Cosby spin-off "A Different World". That was also another favorite of mine!

    10. I remember that Cliff ventured out with Rudy and the gang to the theater...which kind of flopped with the kids in the beginning but was later a big hit when they got to participate. I also remember a trip to a very fancy restaurant where the kids were given hamburgers on toast! If I remember correctly the waiter left and got food from another establishment that the thought that kids might enjoy more.

    Bonus: Theo's prom is kind of a blur to me. I do believe that it had something to do with a helicopter. I'm not sure. I think that Theo and the gang had plans of impressing their ladies by arriving at the prom in a limo. Things went south, they got wet, hair was flying everywhere and I'm not even sure if they ever even made it to the prom. I do remember that they ended up back at the Huxtable house with Cliff giving Theo some money to take the girls out for dinner. Sorry...it is such a blur. I wonder why?

    I love this game!

    Cynthia, random info for you. Did you know that Kristoff St. John, the actor who played David James on the Cosby Show is the on-screen husband of Victoria Rowell, the actress who played Martin Kendall's ex-wife Paula, also on the Cosby Show? She star together on "The Young and the Restless" as Neil and Drucilla Winters. It is such a small world!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home