roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Cosby Show Fun...Part 3!!!

Ok my loyal readers...I apologize for a no-show post yesterday. I unexpectedly worked a full day at the BBW so I was unable to write. But if I may for a moment digress and talk about BBW...yesterday I was working on some freight in the back so I had to take out some of the empty boxes. We have a huge dumpster in the back of the store that share with Old Navy, Lane Bryant, and Victoria Secret. I opened the door and a pipe had busted it seemed so there was water everywhere. Because it has been soooo cold here, the water turned into ice and it looked like a pond. I was sooooooo excited. So I decided to do a little figure skating. (Do not worry...this does not end in me going to the hospital.) It was sooo fun. You would have thought that I was a little child. I did not attempt a double axel...I will leave that to Michelle Kwan. But it was sooo fun adn I am sure that people in the entire summit plaza could here me laughing and "oohhing" with each glide across the ice. :)

Now for what you have been waiting for. Today we will honor the ever stylish Denise Huxtable aka Lisa Bonet. In certain circles we dare not mention her name for her reputation is not that favorable. But for those who are loyal fans of the Cosby Show...we must always support those Huxtable kids. As Theo once said...there is a lot of pressure being the child of Cliff and Clair. Densie brought many young men into the Hutaxble house. Let's test your knowledge on those she dated. I will give you the episode and you tell me what made her "date" stand out, her style, or his style.

1. Pilot episode...Cliff comes downstairs and meets Denise's boyfriend. As they are sitting on the couch...the boyfriend reveals his prevoius "occupation" as Cliff notices something special about his appearence. What was his previous occupation...and what was the something "special"?
Bonus...what comment did Cliff make before he met the young man.

2. (Season 1) Denise was keeping Cliff from meeting one of her boyfriends. In an effort to redeem himself...CLiff gets rid of Rudy and Vanessa and invites the young man over for dinnner.
What was the boyfriends name? What was unique about his sytle...that evening? What did he and Theo have in common...at least from Theo's perspective?
Bonus...what Daytime TV Show is the boyfriend currently on?

3. Season 2. Cliff is trying to have a relaxing day at home but every room in the house is occupied. When he goes into the living room, Denise and her boyfriend are sitting on the couch. What genre of music are they listening to?
Bonus...what is the catchy phrase they keep repeating?

4. Epsiode 1, Season 2. It is the first day back to school. Theo has decided to remove the sleeves from his sweatshirt. What is Denise missing on this day?
Bonus...who is CLiff's first client for the day?

5. Season 7 or 8 Denise is now Mrs. Kendall. Martin's parents are coming over for dinner. Assuming that his parents do not like her...Martin "forces" Denise to wear an article of clothing...to impress his mom...what is the article of clothing?
Bonus...Martin's mom is really a famous jazz singer...do you know who she is?

Again...answer even if someone else already has. I am running late and so I did not proofread this post. Deepest apologies from the author. :)

6 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sis - I don't know the answers to all of the questions, but I feel I should get a prize anyway for supporting you since Dec. 1, 1975. Remember how every single picture we are in together I have my arm around you. (smile)

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First, I am so excited to find a new post today!! Yay! It’s just what I have been waiting for...a bit of trivia!

    1. Aaahhh...the pilot episode once again. That Cliff, I do love him so. How would you feel if you were greeted with "How ugly is he"? Well, I'm not sure about you but Denise's date for the evening didn't seem to mind much. I am sure that he suffered much worse in his previous occupation in the merchant marines. (I think that is what his job was) I am sure that he suffered more when he received that earring as he crossed back over the border.

    2. I am pretty sure that Denise's boyfriends name was David. I do remember that he made quite an impression on the Huxtable clan. First off by saying that he "didn't believe in grades". That comment had Theo beaming! Because like David, Theo didn't believe in grades either. One little difference...David made A's while Theo's grades were just a bit lower than that. That David, he was an odd one. Socks! They come in pairs for a reason! David just didn't like to match his. Why, you ask? I don't know! I am sure that in real life Kristoff St. John always matches his socks. Especially when he is on set as the character Neil Winters on "The Young and the Restless".

    3. "I say eh man!" I think that is how you spell what they were trying to say. Cynthia, if you question the validity of my answer you can call me and I will sing it for you. Anyhow, as Cliff ventures through the house to find a spot to read his morning paper he finds himself in the living room in the middle of "reggae fun" as Denise and her friend for the day proceed to "eh man" along with the TV.

    4. Finally, Denise is going to "rule the school". It is her first day as a senior and she is finally without her braces! Sweet Victory...her teeth are finally straight! Oh yeah, Claire is Cliff's first client of the day. They were so romantic for old people :-)

    5. Let me just say that Denise had what one might call an "eclectic" style and I can see where on a rare occasion one might ask her to tone it down a bit. But, Martin wanting her to wear that ridicules looking sweater to impress his parents was just plain mean! Yuck! But, to show her love she wore that hideous looking thing to impress Martin's mother, played by none other than the famous singer, Nancy Wilson!

    I love this game! I can't wait until tomorrow!!!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. I believe the guy was a Merchant Marine (like Bo from Days of Our Lives); and Cliff said, "how ugly is he?" which is a classic, classic moment.

    2. I don't remember this kid's name. But wasn't he in some way offensive to the law and medicine professions? Maybe not. Is he on the Young and the Restless now?

    3. Reggae. "I say eh mon" then he busts out with (how do you spell this...) "ba-dddddddddddddddd"

    4. I can't remember what Denise is missing...wait, is it her hair...did she get it cut really short? Was Cliff's first client Mrs. Westlake?

    5. Martin makes Denise wear a really ugly cardigan (it's very maw-maw). I don't know who his mom is.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    2. Yes...Nicole...David was his name...it all came back to me as I read your comment...David James! Nicole...you are too good...I want to study under your Cosby knowledge!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry, sorry...one last comment. Cindy Lou...I wish I could've seen you ice skate last night! Debi Thomas was my hero when I was a kid...I bet you looked just like her out there on the ice!

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Random but funny! Does everyone remember when Lisa Bonet married Lenny Kravitz and decided to change her name to Lilakoi Moon?? What the heck was that all about?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home