roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Date with Billy

Well I just got finished with a date with a man named Billy...Blanks that is. (The Tae Bo guy.) And let me just say...it was good. I am tired of the chunk...so I had to resort to breaking out my Tae Bo tape. He really shows zero mercy. But that is ok!!! So I am working out...have on my work out gear...feeling the burn. Then I notice that Billy is covered in sweat. Now when I say he is covered in sweat...it looks like he just stood underneath a waterfall. His shirt was soaked...sweat was dripping off of his face, arms, chin. And then I realize that I am wearing a long sleeve shirt, working extremely hard...and not a bead of sweat is on my face. I mean I am not even glowing. I have noticed this a lot lately. I can spend 45 min on the eliptical machine...and not just at that slow pitter patter pace...but I am moving like it is my job...and I just feel a little warm. And then it hit me...I am not hydrated. I don't drink soft drinks...maybe a diet coke here and there..but I really don't drink at all. I may have a cup of water while at work and something when I get home...and that is it. So of course I am not going to sweat. I do not have anything to sweat out. Not good!!! And then it hit me...if I don't fill myself with the Word of God...then it is not going to come out of me. How can I expect to encourage my spirit with Truth if the Truth is not in me. That was major for me. I need to have the Word of God hidden in my heart. How can I know the difference between a lie and the Truth if I am not constantly reading, memorizing, and meditating on the Truth. Wow. When I think about the calling I have...to be an Ambassador for Christ...it is imperative that I know the One that I am representing. Not something for me to take lightly. So I need to be in the Word more. For those of you who talk to me on a regular basis...ask me if I have been in the Word. Keep me accountable. Please. I also need to start drinking water. The next time I go out with Billy...I can not have him sweating alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home