roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

What if?

What if...

I did not lean on my own understanding - really did consider it pure joy - truly did seek His Kingdom first - loved my neighbor as myself - waited on the Lord - lifted my eyes to the hills - prayed without ceasing - blessed the Lord at all times - casted all of my cares on Him - remained in Him - Entered His courts with thanksgiving - rejoiced in the Lord always - Asked in His name - Thought on things above - dwelled in the shelter of the most High - Was anxious for nothing - meditated on His word day and night

What if I believed...

He really can do immeasurably more - He does know the plans He has for me - He will direct my path - He will hold me by my right hand - He is the Author and Perfector of my faith - He has me carved on the palm of His hand - He will complete what He starts - He will establish the works of His hands - Will make all things new - His love is better than life - His mercies were new every morning - He called me for a righteous purpose - Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world - He really does give me strength

Yesterday my 5 year old niece called me crying...begging me not to move to Boston. Are you kiddin me? And that one phone call sent my mind into a frenzy. I started doubting the move all over again. I was losing my mind. I went to Wal-Mart to put my mind at ease. I almost took a random road trip to a gas station 30m away just to get a frozen drink. But when I stopped...opened the Word of God...that peace came back. I heard the other day that peace is not the absence of conflict, but the acknowledgment of the presence of God. That is what my spirit needed. I had to go back and read His promises. And I was thirsty. I started thinking all of these "what ifs" If I did all of these "what ifs" I would not be perfect...but I would be less of me. And that is really a good thing. Sometimes I have to remind myself that my life is not my own. It is not about me satisfying my flesh...but feeding my spirit. And when I do that...there is a lot more "acknowledgement of the presence of God" in every situation.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you ever read that book "What if..." by Amy Carmichal (sp?)? Very convicting/challenging...and very thin (length wise, not content wise; one 'what if' is meaty enough to think on for a while). Thanks for the challenging thoughts. I'll be yarping for you as you head to Boston.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home