roadtripconversations

Some of the best conversations take place on a road trip...especially at night. Life is a journey...a road trip to our rightful home...and these are some of my thoughts along the way.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Still there?

I love being with people who are down and out. Not because it makes me realize that I am blessed...but because I am able to offer love to someone that feels rejected and alone. That is how I first met Jesus almost 12 years ago. About 5 years ago I was in Mobile, Alabama as a site director. While visiting one of my track leaders at a nursing home, I broke away from the group to visit this cute little lady who was sitting alone in her wheelchair in an empty room. I remember that she was wearing something blue. That is not important...but I just remember that fact. I knelt down beside her and realized that she was blind. She was so beautiful. She had lots of wrinkles on her face and hands...so I knew that she had lived. I try talking to her but she did not respond. So I decided to sing to her. After singing Amazing Grace, I sang " I Can Only Imagine." After I finished I was quiet for awhile...but then her sweet voice said, "Are you still there?" Though I was sitting right beside her...she did not know I was there...but wanting the affirmation of not being alone...compeled her to speak. Last night I was weary. I could not hear Jesus singing over me...and so I asked Him if He was still there. Of course He is...but I needed to know. King David needed to know...several times he needed to know. He is not going to leave. But sometimes I get turned around and I have to beg Him to come and find me. He is so good. I am glad that His word ( praise Him for giving us His Word) promises me that He will never leave nor forsake me. I don't know about you...but I can never get tired of hearing that. Praise Him.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Cynthia,
    That was beautiful...and exactly what I needed to hear just now. I love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home